Thursday, January 7, 2010

Taste of Cactus in Sahara Desert

Cactus Club Café
1136 Robson Street Vancouver, BC V6E1B5

Atmosphere: 4/5
Food: 4/5
Service: 3/5


Atmosphere


When I stepped in Cactus Club Café, two servers with smiling faces welcomed me and my friends. We were four and another friend was supposed to come later. Our server ushered us to the seat at the back of the restaurant. It was warm and cozy.







We chose this restaurant because it was one of the reputable restaurants which opened in Vancouver, and we’d like to enjoy casual Canadian food.

We went there at lunch time, and there were not too much customers, in contrast to the night time. Not crowded, but the ambiance is still cool. A lot of paintings were hung on the wall. That could be make the atmosphere heavy and monotonous, but they also decorated the wall with vivid-colored neon signs, which means make the boring scene funky.

The outside of the restaurant you can see a patio, so you can get pleasure from the dazzling sunshine and epicurean taste on the sunny day.


Food





We ordered potato skins as an appetizer. Salty bacon, tasty cheeses and potatoes were just a wonderful combination. It melted in my mouth. Because impression of first choice exceeded my hope, my expectation was getting higher.






One of my friends who is a vegetarian ordered garden burger. She said that she didn’t like hamburgers before because she usually had sauces all over her hands, but after she saw the burger, she couldn’t help her fingers to touch it unconsciously. Also, she didn’t stop acclaiming what she ordered. She said,“Fresh slices of tomatoes and pickles make my mouth watering. Moreover, heavenly grilled veggie patty and sautéed mushrooms are scrumptious. I know this patty isn't meat, but it looks perfectly juicy meat. I recently decide to become a vegetarian, so I want to eat meat sometimes. Veggie hamburger is just what the doctor ordered." "In addition, French fries are also appetizing. It is hot and beautifully yellow.”


I ordered Cajun chicken sandwich which contained charbroiled Cajun chicken and melted aged cheddar cheese. It was $13, and it is served with sea-salted fries. If you pay $1.50 more, you can substitute caesar salad, seasonal greens or yam fries for them.





I like spicy food, and the food with Cajun spice that I have usually eaten has a strong taste. However, this Cajun chicken sandwich wasn’t strong, which was obvious because Western people don’t like spicy food. So, Asian students or people who like spicy food just remember this information. The chicken was tender enough to enjoy, and a slice of tomato made it much more luscious. Lastly, the melted cheese perfectly matched with whole ingredients. After I took a bite of the sandwich, I could feel each of ingredients mixed together, so they made a synergy effect in my mouth. No need to worry. Even though you like spicy food or you don’t like chicken, at least one time, it's worth a try


Service

Our server sometimes checked what we needed more, or tastes was okay. Overall, Cactus club café was following their reputations before my friend joined later. The server didn’t even ask or recommend any drinks to my friend. In the end, my friend asked the waiter for a glass of water when she got her food. At that time, just a few tables were occupied, which means she wasn’t busy. I don’t know why it happened. It might be just one time, but her service isn’t compatible with a 20% tip.

1 comment:

  1. -Restaurant name: each word needs to be capitalized.
    -WF: "reputed"
    -hanged: passive
    -"...with 20% of tip": with a 20% tip.

    ReplyDelete